I am a member of:
• Graduated from college as a Licensed Practical Nurse and worked in Psych for three years in a Cedar Rapids IA hospital.
• In October 2010, I retired from nearly 32 years of Federal service. My career included working with the three National Collective Bargaining Agreements (CBA), providing me with years
of experience with several labor and management processes.
• I was responsible for up to 225 bargaining unit employees, 75 different units, and eight states. I am very familiar with managing to CBAs throughout varying organizational levels.
• I have taken several courses in diversity, facilitation, team building, quality processes and communication to expand my knowledge and remain current on issues and practices.
• I am familiar with the EEO process including REDRESS which can be conducted by a Mediator before the issue moves into the formal EEO process.
• I have worked with merging business districts and re-engineering the business structure to decrease number of employees in an organization and implement processes without
negatively impacting customer service. I not only did this with two Districts, but also within six communities.
• As a Leader, my knowledge regarding business operational needs and implementing change and indicators to insure the outcome of the changes includes both efficient and
cost effective measures while motivating people to agree on issues as to what they can and cannot live with.
• In June 2010 I received my certification as a professionally trained Mediator from the nationally accredited Lakewood College, previously known as American Institute of Conflict Resolution.